~Massage Therapy~ Improve your quality of life!
“The practice of massage therapy is the assessment of soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders by manual and physical methods to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function to relieve pain and promote health”
– proposed scope of practice declaration from College of Massage Therapy of British Columbia
Registered Massage Therapy is considered primary health care. Referrals from your physician are not required.
Medical Services Plan (MSP) partially covers Massage Therapy for individuals who qualify for premium assistance.
Most extended medical plans will cover 75%-100% of the Massage Therapy and Acupuncture fees. Check with your provider to verify the coverage details.
We offer direct billing to most extended health plans.
British Columbia Registered Massage Therapists (RMT)
- Have the highest educational standards in North America with a 3-year training program
- Have mandatory continuing education requirements
- Are trained in rehabilitative and preventative exercises to improve muscle strength, joint movement, balance and posture
- Are trained to evaluate the needs of the individual and provide active and passive techniques for complete patient health care
Can Massage Therapy & Acupuncture Help You?
Not only is massage therapy relaxing it can effectively treat a wide variety of soft-tissue and joint disorders and assist in minimizing the impact of acute and chronic conditions, decrease stress and help lower blood pressure. The more often a person gets massage the more benefits they will feel. Massage Therapy & Acupuncture has shown to be especially effective with:
- Tension, sinus and migraine headaches
- Sciatica, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Athletic injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, contusions and dislocations
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Overuse injuries including tendonitis, bursitis and muscle soreness
- Respiratory pathologies including emphysema, asthma and chronic bronchitis
- Preventative maintenance